Fintech Executive Education Program
Financial technologies (fintech) have revolutionized finance industry, providing challenges to every aspect of financial services from payment to wealth management. At the same time, fintech presents opportunities for banks and companies to improve operational efficiency and to explore new markets.
The University of Geneva and Geneva Finance Research Institute are launching the first Executive Education Program in Fintech. The goal of the Fintech Program is to develop a comprehensive understanding of fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and big data in finance, to learn more about the future trend of cutting-edge technologies, and to prepare participants for the challenges fintech is bringing in their career.
- Executives from banks, asset management firms, family offices, insurance companies, financial service firms, or similar financial institutions
- Entrepreneurs who intend to learn the newest technologies
- Individuals who work in finance related industries
- Offer participants a comprehensive understanding of fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and big data
- Expose participants to the most recent and advanced financial technologies
- Provide tools and frameworks for entrepreneurs to apply financial technologies to their businesses
- Prepare participants for the challenges fintech is bringing in their career
- Module 1: FinTech: Business, Finance and Technology (Date: 3-5 October)
The course provides an overview of the most significant financial technological advances and analyzes how these technologies create value in the financial industry.
- Module 2: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies (Date: 31 Oct. - 2 November)
The course provides a crash class in modern cryptography, and next applies tools from cryptography to the main ideas underlying cryptocurrencies and blockchains,
- Module 3: Finance and Big Data (Date: 28-30 November)
This course is not only about getting a big picture of the landscape of big data, but also exposes students to the most popular techniques dealing with big data problems in finance.
In each module, we have guest speakers from Swiss banks, fintech companies, and other financial institutions to give presentations beyond the full-day lectures, followed by a cocktail.
Prof. Harald Hau, GFRI, University of Geneva
Prof. Rajna Gibson Brandon, GFRI, University of Geneva
Prof. Shimon Kogan, MIT Sloan School of Management, MIT, US
Prof. Rafael Pass, Department of Computer Science, Cornell University, US
Prof. Marcin Kacperczyk, Department of Finance, Imperial College London, UK
- Working experience in financial institutions or related industries
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent
- Strong command of both spoken and written English
- To obtain the Certificate of Participation:
CHF 4,500 per course, CHF 11,000 for three courses
- To obtain the Cerfiticate of Participation with transferable credits:
CHF 4,600 per course, CHF 11,300 for three courses
- To obtain the Certificate of Advanced Studies (upon approval):